TWO NEW CALLS FOR ART, DEADLINE JANUARY 13, 2013
Game Changer at University House Issaquah: The world is in flux with an accumulation of events that create change in new directions for better or worse. Art work sought will convey transformative experiences of personal, social, historical, political, environmental, or global realms. Show dates: March 9-September 7, 2013, 6 month long show
Still Life: 21 at Ida Culver House Broadview: Modern day still life depicting the new detritus of life revealing the context of objects in our culture. New views, deconstructed perspectives, and alternative approaches to materials will be considered. Show dates: March 13-July 6, 2013, 4 month long show.
Submission process is the same for both shows. Please put name of show and venue in the subject line.
Accepted work will primarily be wall hung with 2-D
• 2-D maximum size 42” on the longest side
• A limited number of work up to 60” will be considered
• 2-D works must be ready to install with a hanging wire
• 3-D maximum size 20”Hx15”Wx15”D
• All media accepted excluding work that requires electricity
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS BELOW and SUBMIT IN ONE EMAIL:
1. Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Name, address, email, website, phone number, gallery affiliation if applicable.
• Required documents get filed separately, please put your contact info on all required documents.
3. Attach up to six (6) jpegs of available artwork – low resolution to be viewed on line only
Use the following Jpeg format instructions:
• Each Jpeg should be saved at 72 dpi
• Use maximum image size of 1200px on the longest dimension
• Limit each jpeg to a maximum file size of 2MG
• LABEL JPEG WITH YOUR NAME AND TITLE OF ART WORK – This helps me identify the art without having to re-label it myself. (Jane_Doe_Title.jpg)
4. Include an image list with the following details for EACH jpeg
• Size H” x W” x D”
• Year completed
• Price or Insurance Value if NFS (not for sale)
5. Attach resume/bio and artist statement and make sure your name is on all documents.
Era Living Exhibitions:
The artist receives 100% from sales at Era Living locations – no commission is taken. Sales are made directly between you and your client. Postcards are generated for each show and promotional material sent to print and online media sources. Opening receptions are held for each exhibition and artist talks may be scheduled.
Art at Era Living is viewed by residents and guests, and the public is invited to view the work. Era Living is a Seattle based company founded in 1987 to provide innovative housing, programs, and service to their retirement communities. Era Living is committed to bringing quality art experiences to their residents and to provide exhibition opportunities to artists. http://www.eraliving.com/northwest_art
For questions, email email@example.com or call 206-713-7819