Era Living CALL FOR ART
Instructions for Email Submission
I am thrilled announce the call for “ENVIRONMENTAL ART.” I am seeking art that depicts the natural environment in broad interpretations from subject matter to natural materials used in the art. Subject matter can praise the beauty of the natural world, lament the destruction of it at our hands, or document the power of natural forces. This theme is inspired by our partnership with Heaven and Earth art installations at Carkeek Park. The art for Ida Culver House Broadview will be interior works with some art in the garden. Ida Culver House Broadview will host various events including art receptions, leading art making workshops, and artist talks during this show. Please follow submission guidelines carefully and send your submission to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: March 13, 2015 5:00pm
EXHIBITION: ENVIRONMENTAL ART
LOCATION: Ida Culver House Broadview, 12505 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133
DATES: May 14 –Sept 14, 2015
ART DROP: May 10 1:00-4:00pm
OPENING: May 13 Gala Reception 4:00-6:00pm
CLOSING: Sept 13-14 art pick up. This is a 4 month long show.
CONTACT: June Sekiguchi, email@example.com 206-713-7819
Accepted work will primarily be wall hung with 2-D
· 2-D maximum size 40” height x 36” wide
· A limited number of work up to 72” wide will be considered
· 2-D works must be ready to install with a hanging wire – no nailed in claw hooks, screwed in claw hooks OK, no easel backed picture frames, eye hooks or D rings with wire are ideal, work that is not
· A limited number of 3-D works will be considered. Max size approx. 12” x 12” x 12” for interior works and no limit on outside works (exterior sculptures must be installed by the artist).
· No work previously exhibited at Ida Culver House Broadview.
· All wall hung media accepted excluding work that requires electricity
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS BELOW and SUBMIT ALL MATERIALS IN ONE EMAIL WITH ATTACHED DOCUMENTS:
1) Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Label ALL the attached documents with your last name_first name_type of document.extension:
Smith_Jane_title of work.jpg
We have a high volume of entries, so this labeling system is required to process the documents efficiently. Entries that are not labeled correctly may possibly not be processed, especially jpg images.
3) JPG IMAGES: Attach up to six (6) jpegs of available artwork – low resolution.
Use the following Jpeg format instructions:
· Each jpeg should be saved at 72 dpi
· Use maximum image size of 1200 pixels on the longest dimension
· Limit each jpeg to a maximum file size of 2MG
· LABEL JPEG WITH YOUR NAME AND TITLE OF ART WORK
· This helps identify your artwork. Example: Smith_Jane_Title of Work.jpg
4) IMAGE LIST: Include an image list with the following details for EACH jpeg.
Include name, mailing address, phone number, email, website.
Framed Size H” x W” x D”
Price or Insurance Value if NFS (not for sale)
5) For Artist Information Binder: Attach your resume and/or bio and an artist statement regarding this theme without personal addresses – Include only contact information you would like purchasers of your work to see. Maximum 1 page each. Label each document with name and type of type of document: example: Smith_Jane_resume.com
Era Living Exhibitions:
- The artist receives 100% from sales at Era Living locations – no commission is taken. Sales are made directly between you and your client.
- Postcards are generated for each show and promotional material sent to print and online media sources.
- Gala opening receptions are held for each exhibition including hors d’ouevres and live music to accompany the art.
Art at Era Living is viewed by residents and guests, and the public is invited to view the work. Era Living is a Seattle based company founded in 1987 to provide innovative housing, programs, and service to their retirement communities. Era Living is committed to bringing quality art experiences to their residents and to provide exhibition opportunities to artists. http://www.eraliving.com/northwest_art
For questions, email June Sekiguchi at email@example.com or call 206-713-7819