Era Living CALL FOR ART
Instructions for Email Submission
LOCATION: University House Wallingford, 4400 Stone Way N, Seattle, 98103
DEADLINE: November 30, 2013
ART DROP: February 9, 2014
OPENING: February 13, 2014 Gala Reception
PICK UP: June 16, 2014
CONTACT: June Sekiguchi, firstname.lastname@example.org 206-713-7819
Our relationship to water is deep, especially in the Pacific Northwest being blanketed by it from the sky above us and surrounded by the Sound, rivers, and lakes. It dictates how we travel or where it is most desirable to live. Water is essential to our bodies and our survival. We fish and harvest it. Water is a powerful force of nature. We gravitate to water for pleasure and serenity. It cleanses and is used in ritual purification practices, but then we desecrate it by polluting our environment or our bodies with fluoride that is added to the drinking supply.
Seeking work relating to water with broad references to water: life in, among, around water; water based techniques, water patterns and symbols, statements on water in our environment.
Accepted work will primarily be wall hung with 2-D
· 2-D maximum size 42” on the longest side
· A limited number of work up to 60” will be considered
· 2-D works must be ready to install with a hanging wire
· 3-D maximum size 20”Hx15”Wx15”D.
· All media accepted excluding work that requires electricity
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS BELOW and SUBMIT IN ONE EMAIL:
1. Email submissions to: email@example.com
2. Give ALL the following information on each document:
· Your Name
3. Attach up to six (6) jpgs of available artwork – low resolution to be viewed on line only
Use the following Jpg format instructions:
· Each Jpg should be saved at 72 dpi
· Use maximum image size of 1200px on the longest dimension
· Limit each jpeg to a maximum file size of 2MG
· LABEL JPG WITH YOUR NAME (Last and First in that order) AND TITLE OF ART WORK – This helps me identify the art without having to re-label it myself. Example: Jones_Mary_Title_of_Work.jpg
4. Include an art work list with the following details for EACH jpeg.
· Size H” x W” x D”
· Year completed
· Price or Insurance Value if NFS (not for sale)
5. Attach resume/bio and artist statement pertaining to this theme. Make sure your name and contact info is on all documents. Artist information books are created from these documents. This is the primary way for the purchaser to learn about your work and contact you for sales.
Era Living Exhibitions:
The artist receives 100% from sales at Era Living locations – no commission is taken. Sales are made directly between you and your client. Postcards are generated for each show and promotional material sent to print and online media sources. Opening receptions are held for each exhibition and artists will be invited by the curator to participate in artist talks.
Art at Era Living is viewed by residents and guests, and the public is invited to view the work. Era Living is a Seattle based company founded in 1987 to provide innovative housing, programs, and service to their retirement communities. Era Living is committed to bringing quality art experiences to their residents and to provide exhibition opportunities to artists. http://www.eraliving.com/northwest_art
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-713-7819